Teacher Professional Development
Let's engage in the activities to develop our knowledge and practice to support our student learning!
Time & Location
02 Sept 2021, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm AEST
Register by 28 August 2021
About The Event
Teacher Professional Development event for Member & Non-Members of VILTA
For Primary, Middle School and VCE Teachers
The event will be held by ZOOM, the event coordinator will get in touch with you at the latest by 24 hours before the event to give you the link. If you have any questions, please contact the coordinator:
Silvy Wantania at email@example.com
ABOUT THE EVENT
Primary Teacher PD
1. Kasenya Grant
2. Shanti Sherry, Hands-on activities 'Making ketupat' and 'fun kuda lumping dance (horse dance)'
- Abstract: Ketupat, Kupat, or Tipat is a Javanese rice cake packed inside a diamond-shaped container of woven palm leaf pouch. Kuda Lumping or Jaran Kepang (horse dance) can be found in many areas of Java. The horse dance braids are described as valiant troops riding horses.
- Bio: Taught Bahasa Indonesia at both Primary and Secondary school levels since she graduated in 2008. She always colored her teaching with cultural activities to give the students a taste of Indonesia.
Middle School Teacher PD
By Nyoman Riasa, Belajar, Mengajar, dan Bermain di Kelas BIPA.
- Abstract: The session will present learning and teaching activities for both online and offline classes through various games for pair, group, and individual work.
- Bio: Holds the University of Sydney Grad.DipTEFL (1990) and M.Ed in TESOL (1992), BIPA teacher trainer since 2009, Indonesian language main instructor for the Arizona State University Critical Language Institute summer program since 2016, received the 2020 National Award for Language Diplomacy from the Indonesian Minister of Education and Culture.
VCE Teacher PD
NON MEMBERS_Teacher PD$70.00